The St Martin’s School Advisory Team is a leadership team of parents, staff, the Principal, and when required, the parish priest. The Team shares responsibility for the wellbeing of the whole school.
Its aim is to ensure that the Catholic Life and Mission of the school are at the heart of its work and that a sense of collaborative mission is present in the school’s culture by:
- Meeting regularly to engage in prayer and formation as a leadership team to plan tasks and evaluate progress
- Assisting the Principal to implement the school annual plans by leading or assisting with nominated projects, or inviting community members to form sub-groups which will work on a project or task. Recent projects have been designing and organising new signage for the school, planting for the beautification project and consultation on the homework review.
- Advising on school policy
- Regularly communicating with the school community about its work
- Discussing and planning practical ways to encourage support and involvement of our families in the life of the parish
- Working with the community to identify and work through issues impacting the achievement of school goals and direction
- Reviewing the organisation and procedures of the board to ensure its sustainability as an effective leadership group
Members of the board are invited by the Principal to join in membership.